SEO Tips And Tricks: Beware
Let me start by asking you a question: Are you smarter than a room full of Google software engineers?
If you answered Yes: I know you are honey, I’ll pick up the kids and be home at 6:00.
If you answered No: Thank you for being honest. Keep that in mind.
Thousands and thousands of people have been trying SEO tricks, workarounds, link networks, and other sneaky ways of trying to beat the system for years. If you are reading this guide, I absolutely guarantee you that whatever trick you thought up to game the SEO system has been tried by dozens of other people a decade ago.
Don’t be sneaky. Do it right. It takes about the same amount of work to do good SEO (white hat SEO) as it does to do sneaky/shady SEO (black hat SEO). Need more incentive?
It’s not just that Google might not like the way your website/SEO work. Google can literally ban you. If you’re caught trying to game the search engines with some ill-advised plan, your website can drop of the face of the Earth. Websites literally cease to exist in Google results in some cases. Got your attention yet?
Here are a few things that you might hear about that you should avoid:
- Stuffing your keywords everywhere possible so that it becomes unnatural
- Setting up a “link network” with a hundred of your friends who all link to each other for no discernible reason
- Having someone create hundreds of links to your website on “link farm” websites
- Spamming the comments of other websites with links back to your website
If you’re thinking about trying a “trick” with your SEO, please go back to Step 1 and start over.
- Questions or Comments on this information? Post them below and we’ll get back to you.